Dear Mary Knippel http://openuptoyourcreativity.com/,
Thank you for an empowering day (Saturday, January 30, 2010) at the Creativity Workshop for Women’s National Book Association.
I had a good time with the dozen fellow writers as you led us in “Decide, Declare, Design Your writing life for 2010!”
I’m a writing career coach who helps my clients build their names/platforms by identifying the themes in their books (pre and post publication). I thought I would put all my energy in promoting my new workbook the first half of this year. Not. While creating my vision board at your workshop, the message [ that I need to continue using my novel Love Made of Heart to shed light on stigmas on mental illness ] appeared “loudly and clearly” in words and pictures. My new mission statement: I, Teresa LeYung Ryan, use my novel to shed light on the secret agonies suffered by women with mental illness.
Thank you, Mary and WNBA colleagues!
Teresa LeYung Ryan
a.k.a. Coach Teresa
Creator of Build Your Name, Beat the Game: Be Happily Published
Coach Teresa here with my resolutions for February 2010:
- Finish up January resolutions
- Attend “Other Voices TV: Why Haiti collapsed – More than an earthquake” A conversation with Seth Donnelly and Walter Riley (Paul George as moderator) on Feb. 2nd at Community Media Center in Palo Alto http://www.peaceandjustice.org/.
- Meet with Kim McMillon playwright, first mentor; Elisa Southard http://breakthroughthenoise.com/ to rehearse for our session at San Francisco Writers Conference
- Attend Margaret Davis’s book launch http://margaretdavisbooks.com/;
- Present at SFWC with Elisa Southard on Feb. 12, 2010 and help attendees at Ask-A-Pro and Book Doctor consultations on Feb. 12 & Feb. 13 http://sfwriters.org/;
- Celebrate Chinese New Year 2010 with cousins;
- Celebrate Library Lovers’ Month http://savethelibraries.spaces.live.com;
- Celebrate Plant the Seeds of Greatness Month;
- Help WNBA-SF Chapter promote “Meet the Agents & Publishers” March 27, 2010 http://wnba-sfchapter.org/
- Submit proposals (Major League Tryouts with Coach Teresa for Writers to Build Their Names) to Writing Salon http://www.writingsalons.com, Book Passage http://bookpassage.com/, Media Bistro http://www.mediabistro.com/.
- Submit comments to blogs relating to women and mental illness.
Contact WNBA colleague Elizabeth Maynard Schaefer, author of Write Out of Depression (who was also at the Jan. 30th workshop) regarding creating a workshop together http://writeoutofdepression.blogspot.com/
Tags: blogs relating to women and mental illness, Book Passage, California, Celebrate Chinese New Year 2010, Celebrate Library Lovers’ Month, Celebrate Plant the Seeds of Greatness Month, Creativity Workshop, Decide Declare Design Your writing life, Elisa Southard, Elizabeth Maynard Schaefer, empowering day, February 2010 Resolutions, for Writers to Build Their Names, Haiti more than an earthquake, helps my clients build their names/platforms, identifying the themes in their books, Kim McMillon playwright, Major League Tryouts with Coach Teresa, Margaret Davis, Mary Knippel, Media Bistro, Meet the Agents & Publishers, Other Voices TV: Why Haiti collapsed, Paul George, Peninsula Peace & Justice Center, pre and post publication, San Francisco Writers Conference, Save the Libraries, Seth Donnelly, SETH DONNELLY and RYAN IKEDA, shed light on the secret agonies suffered by women with mental illness, Walter Riley, Women's National Book Association, Write Out of Depression, writing career coach teresa, Writing Salon |