My first book turned seven on October 1, 2009. So much has happened since. I wish to publicly thank the following people for helping me bring Love Made of Heart into the world and sending her to wonderful places:
- Everyone recognized on the acknowledgment page of Love Made of Heart
- My agent Stacey Glick and all her colleagues at Dystel & Goderich Literary Management
- Editor John Scognamiglio, president Steven Zacharius, publisher Laurie Perkin, art director Lou Malcangi, sales director Debbie Tobias then, sales director Doug Mendini, author Libba Bray, copy-editor Jacquie Edwards, and Everyone who were at (or associated with) Kensington Publishing Corp. NY (so many talented folks).
- Nancy Suib, Anne Schulenberger and all independent sales reps;
- Folk who are associated with booksellers, libraries, schools, book groups.
- My darling husband, sister & brother-in-law, family members, friends, mentors and colleagues
- Folks related to Women’s National Book Association, California Writers Club, California Reading Association, California School Library Association, San Francisco History Center
- Teachers & students in Advanced Composition/English-as-a-Second-Language classes
- Everyone who helped me quietly (the secret angels)
I wish you all a healthful & prosperous New Year!
As an author and a community member, I use my novel Love Made of Heart to:
• help mothers and daughters speak from the heart
• shed light on stigmas suffered by immigrants
• advocate compassion for mental illness
• help survivors of family violence find their own voices
Love Made of Heart is the story of Ruby Lin, a Chinese-immigrant-daughter, and her journey to self-forgiveness. http://LoveMadeOfHeart.com
Tags: 2009, Advance Composition, Anne Schulenberger, book groups, booksellers, California Library Association, California Reading Association, California Writers Club, Chinese immigrant, community member, Debbie Tobias, Doug Mendini, Dystel & Goderich, ESL students, ESL teachers, find their own voices, healthful & prosperous New Year, immigrants, independent sales rep, Jacquie Edwards, John Scognamiglio, Kensington Publishing, Laurie Perkin, Libba Bray, Libraries, Lou Malcangi, Love Made of Heart, mental illness, mothers & daughters, Nancy Suib, October 1, readers, San Francisco History Center, schools, secret angels, self forgiveness, shed light on stigmas, speak from the heart, Stacey Glick, Steven Zacharius, survivors of family violence, teachers, Teresa LeYung Ryan, Women's National Book Association