In a few hours, 2009 will click into 2010. I wish everyone on this planet a safe home, nourishing food, clean water, sunshine, caring neighbors, and joyful hearts, mind, body, and spirit to be caregivers to all living things.
To writers, I wish abundant energy to work, self-confidence, and compassion to self and others.
And that goes for me too.
Teresa LeYung Ryan
Writers can afford to hire me when they form a study-group and split the costs. I can:
- coach you in name-building to attract the right agent or publisher
- guide you in designing and growing your blog (to showcase your expertise and experiences)
- show you computer-navigating shortcuts and how to easily “find stuff” on the World Wide Web
- edit your manuscript, 22 pages at a time so that you can gain tools with each installment
My new guide, Build Your Name, Beat the Game: Be Happily Published, will be released early 2010. http://WritingCoachTeresa.com
Saturday, January 16, 2010 10:00am-noon
Encourage writer-friends who are in the Belmont, CA area to attend the California Writers Club-SF Peninsula Branch meeting.
Teresa LeYung Ryan to present: “Build Your Name While You Write”
Can you relate to any one of these statements?
* Agents and acquisition editors say publishers prefer to work with authors who are already celebrities or have established platforms (i.e. means to build fan base). How do I compete?
* I am published. There aren’t enough hours in a day to write, let alone run around and network.
* I believe in my writing and I’m committed to building my career, but, my budget is limited.
Teresa LeYung Ryan says: “You are the expert of your experiences whether you’re writing fiction or non-fiction. When you make your name synonymous with the themes/subject matters/issues in your writing, you’re building your career/platform. Come to the January 2010 meeting.” More Info & Registration: http://cwc-peninsula.org/
February 12 – 14, 2010
The Seventh Annual San Francisco Writers Conference ‘Building Bridges to Better Tomorrows’
The 2010 Conference will feature nearly 100 agents, authors, editors and book industry professionals in a stellar set of opportunities for writing advancement. http://sfwriters.org/
Look for Elisa Southard & Teresa LeYung Ryan–they will be presenting “UPPING YOUR PLATFORM: Building Your Visibility Online and Off with Your Talking Tagline”
Saturday, April 24, 2010
No. CA Publishers & Authors Conference – Join industry leaders and fellow publishers & authors for a day of insight, inspiration, and practical information. www.norcalpa.org
Writing-Career Coach & Author Teresa LeYung Ryan will present:
USE WHAT YOU KNOW TO BUILD FAME:
3 Easy Steps for Fiction and Nonfiction Authors
Learn how to:
• identify advocates, endorsers and fans.
• gain recognition through your words and your community.
• build your platform by reaching out, not stressing out.
How do writers thrive in the fiercely competitive industry? Find out for yourself in this fun interactive session.
Visit: http://WritingCoachTeresa.com Click on “Teresa’s Blog”
Tags: 22 pages at a time, a safe home, abundant energy, and spirit, attract the right agent or publisher, Beat the Game: Be Happily Published, body, Build Your Name, California Writers Club, caregivers of all living things, caring neighbors, clean water, compassion to self and others, designing and growing your blog, edit your manuscript, hire Coach Teresa, joyful hearts, mind, No. CA Publishers & Authors Conference, nourishing food, San Francisco Writers Conference, self-confidence, showcase your expertise and experiences, split the cost, study-group, study-group. split the cost, sunshine, Teresa LeYung Ryan, writers, writing career coach, Writing coach