In a few hours, 2009 will click into 2010. I wish everyone on this planet a safe home, nourishing food, clean water, sunshine, caring neighbors, and joyful hearts, mind, body, and spirit to be caregivers to all living things.
To writers, I wish abundant energy to work, self-confidence, and compassion to self and others.
And that goes for me too.
Teresa LeYung Ryan
Writers can afford to hire me when they form a study-group and split the costs. I can:
- coach you in name-building to attract the right agent or publisher
- guide you in designing and growing your blog (to showcase your expertise and experiences)
- show you computer-navigating shortcuts and how to easily “find stuff” on the World Wide Web
- edit your manuscript, 22 pages at a time so that you can gain tools with each installment
My new guide, Build Your Name, Beat the Game: Be Happily Published, will be released early 2010. http://WritingCoachTeresa.com
Saturday, January 16, 2010 10:00am-noon
Encourage writer-friends who are in the Belmont, CA area to attend the California Writers Club-SF Peninsula Branch meeting.
Teresa LeYung Ryan to present: “Build Your Name While You Write”
Can you relate to any one of these statements?
* Agents and acquisition editors say publishers prefer to work with authors who are already celebrities or have established platforms (i.e. means to build fan base). How do I compete?
* I am published. There aren’t enough hours in a day to write, let alone run around and network.
* I believe in my writing and I’m committed to building my career, but, my budget is limited.
Teresa LeYung Ryan says: “You are the expert of your experiences whether you’re writing fiction or non-fiction. When you make your name synonymous with the themes/subject matters/issues in your writing, you’re building your career/platform. Come to the January 2010 meeting.” More Info & Registration: http://cwc-peninsula.org/
February 12 – 14, 2010
The Seventh Annual San Francisco Writers Conference ‘Building Bridges to Better Tomorrows’
The 2010 Conference will feature nearly 100 agents, authors, editors and book industry professionals in a stellar set of opportunities for writing advancement. http://sfwriters.org/
Look for Elisa Southard & Teresa LeYung Ryan–they will be presenting “UPPING YOUR PLATFORM: Building Your Visibility Online and Off with Your Talking Tagline”
Saturday, April 24, 2010
No. CA Publishers & Authors Conference – Join industry leaders and fellow publishers & authors for a day of insight, inspiration, and practical information. www.norcalpa.org
Writing-Career Coach & Author Teresa LeYung Ryan will present:
USE WHAT YOU KNOW TO BUILD FAME:
3 Easy Steps for Fiction and Nonfiction Authors
Learn how to:
• identify advocates, endorsers and fans.
• gain recognition through your words and your community.
• build your platform by reaching out, not stressing out.
How do writers thrive in the fiercely competitive industry? Find out for yourself in this fun interactive session.
Visit: http://WritingCoachTeresa.com Click on “Teresa’s Blog”